Where to Publish
Deciding where and how to publish is an important step in the research process. Ensure that your research reaches the appropriate audience and maximise its discoverability and potential impact. Aim for top journals in your field and have confidence that your research outputs will count in UWA's internal measure of research performance, the Socratic Index.
This hands-on workshop introduces tools and tips for identifying relevant, quality journals and evaluating book publishers. We will also touch on meeting Open Access mandates from grant bodies, avoiding predatory publishers and publishing a thesis. Topics covered:
- Identifying and assessing journals
- Choosing a book publisher
- Open access publishing
- The UWA Profiles and Research Repository
- Predatory publishers
- Publishing your thesis as a book or a series of papers.
- Tuesday, 10th September 2019
- 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Perth (change)
- Teaching Room 2, Second Floor, Barry J. Marshall Library