Measuring Your Research Performance (STEM)
This session will be useful for researchers who are applying for grants, tenure or promotion; or who generally wish to monitor their research performance. It will cover finding:
- Evidence of quality for journals in which you have published – journal rankings, inclusion on esteemed journals lists.
- Citation numbers for individual publications (metrics from Google Scholar, Web of Science and Scopus).
- Benchmarking of articles in publications that are indexed by Web of Science – Incites.
- Your h-index – a measure of the productivity and citation impact of your published body of work (from Google Scholar, Web of Science and Scopus).
- Australian and international Library holdings for books or book chapters.
- Altmetrics (alternative metrics) for individual publications, such as downloads numbers, social media mentions.
- Media mentions.
The presenter will be available for 15 minutes after the seminar for questions.
- Friday, 28th September 2018
- 11:00am - 11:45am
- Teaching Room 2, Second Floor, Barry J. Marshall Library
- Barry J Marshall Library