Systematic Reviews: Advanced searching in Medline and Embase
Researchers conducting systematic reviews in the health and medical sciences require an in-depth understanding of the Medline and Embase databases. This hands-on workshop will ensure you have a strong grasp on the functionality of these databases and how to use them to structure an accurate, comprehensive and unbiased search.
Topics covered include:
- The differences between Medline and Embase
- Structuring a keyword search using field codes and advanced operators
- Using the subject heading thesaurus features in Medline and Embase
- Saving and exporting your searches and results, and setting up search alerts
- Using pre-constructed, validated search filters
Please be aware that these databases are specific to health and medical sciences related subject areas and may not be relevant to those researching outside these fields.
- Monday, 17th September 2018
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Perth (change)
- Training Room, First Floor, J. Robin Warren Library
- J. Robin Warren Library